About Application Development
The course Software Development gives students experience in designing, testing and debugging large programs. It is aimed at helping students build an understanding of how to develop a software system from scratch by guiding them through the development process and giving them the fundamental principles of system development with object-oriented technology using UML.
The main objective of this course is to train and enhance the skills of trainees to be able to turn a core technology or idea into a software product which delights users, succeeds in the marketplace and becomes a profitable business. Examples of products and company successes and failures will be studied along the way. The objective of the vocational training course is to enable job seekers to have the qualification and be integrated into the Applications development trade. This entails enabling them to acquire necessary skills in designing configuring and operating software. The general training course objectives in the Applications development are presented below. They are accompanied by stated skills linked to each of the operational objectives they embody.
Why Choose This Program
Identify the needs in computer solutions
· Identify the equipment on the spot and the users
· Consult the computer team as well as the users
· Analyze existing solutions to problems faced by similar trades
· Decide to design a new application or use of a software package on the market
· Make purchase estimates
· Produce tender documents
Take part in the drafting of the software specifications
· Draft the software functional needs
· Draft the software non-functional need
Design the software to develop
· Design the modular architecture of the software
· Conceive for each module a detailed architecture
· Recommend the best technologies taking into consideration the functionalities and the objectives of the software
· Draft each detailed module in the algorithm language
· Suggest layers and types of components
· Draft the design report
Design databases following the specifications
· Choose the database management system
· Construct the Data Conceptual Modelling (MCD) and generate the Data Logic Modelling (MLD) under Power AMC or under Win-Design
· Draft the stocked procedures and the triggers of the software
· Create database
· Draft the database design report
Programme each module
· Choose the development environment
· Construct the user interface of each module
· Code the module in the chosen language
· Draft the module programming report
Test and integrate the modules
· Generate the game of test
· Test each module
· Edit each module
· Integrate the modules
· Test integrated modules
· Draft the integration report
Operate the software
· Package the software to install
· Install the software
· Draft test scenario for the software and test them
· Write the test report
· Configure the software
· Write the operation report
Carry out the corrective maintenance of the software
· Edit the errors encountered by the users
· Diagnose the bugs
· Edit detected bugs
· Re-operate the software or the
Carry out the progressive maintenance of the software
· Collect new functional needs of users
· Programme new modules
· Integrate them into the set
· Test the new version
· Operate the new version
Train staff to use applications
· Draft the instruction manual of the software
· Plan staff training
· Train the staff
· Assess the training and take corrective measures
· Write the training report
Take part in the administration of the computer network
· Check network traffic
· Optimize in order to avoid customer traffic
· Forward to the network administrator the requirements for software security
· Take part in developing the software security policy
Operate acquired software
· Get training in the use of the software
· Update database
· Produce statements
· Produce operation
Administer a web site
· Create web pages
· Collect data for the update of the site
· Update the web site
NB: Requirements to sit for final exams
Candidate should put in a minimum of 90% attendance to appear for the examinations.
A candidate shall secure a minimum of 50% to pass the final examination.
- Lecture discussion method/Participatory method
- Kinesthetic learning
- Lecture demonstration method
- Discovery Learning.
- Projects/Test/Quizzes 20%
- Homework and Class Participation 10%
- Final Course exam 70%
Prices and Funding
Pay and join us!
300 000 XAF
NB: No other payment will be demanded during and after the course program.
- At our campus: You can make an appointment to pay directly on campus, tarred road bonduma gate buea, opposite EPN church.
- Wire Transfer: Call us and receive the necessary information you need to make payment from your bank or mobile money (MoMo).
Need Help or advice?
Contact our admissions team for support!
we are available from Tuesdays to saturdays to provide the help you may need in making learning with us a success.