Teaching Online is a program of six online modules designed to help teachers explore the differences between face-to-face and online teaching, the
basics of online course pedagogy and develop the skills necessary to create effective online training. It provides a solid practical basis from which teachers can apply proven online pedagogical frameworks to supplement their existing activities. The program also includes a dedicated student course for use with either online learners or to gain insight into online learner characteristics, challenges and study strategies. This program is suitable for all teachers since it will improve their digital literacy, ranging from an introductory module right through to a dedicated module on using technology tools for teaching online.
- Time duration: 14 hours 30 minute online program in 8 weeks i.e. at most 2 hours per week.
- Comprised of six modules:
- Module 1: Introduction to teaching online
- Module 2: Mastering online pedagogy
- Module 3: Designing and developing your online course
- Module 4: Being a successful online teacher
- Module 5: Using technology tools for teaching online
- Module 6: Studying online: A guide for students
Who is eligible?
- All BAI teachers who will be delivering their respective subject matters online.
- All other BAI teachers and administrative staffs seeking to make the transition to online teaching, including:
- Graduate Teaching Assistants
- Part-timers and Volunteers
- Learning Technologists
- Guest Teachers
Objectives / Goals:
- Create courses that wow learners with their interactivity and potent learning experiences.
- Reliably build online learning experiences that students loveForge online connections to build the teacher-learner relationship as well as a peer community of practice.Apply key principles of online teaching to create social, cognitive and teaching presence.
- Avoid alienating or “turning off” your students to the completely online paradigm.
Approaches to Teaching and Learning:
- Approaches to Teaching
- Through inquiry and concepts.
- Developed in local and global contexts.
- Focused on effective teamwork and collaboration.
- Differentiated to meet the needs of all learners.
- Approaches to Learning
- Communication Skills.
- Social Skills.
- Self-Management Skills
- Research Skills.
- Approaches to Teaching
- Debate, Individual Work, Group Work, Socratic Seminar, Pair Work, PowerPoint Lecture, Lecture, Inter-disciplinary Learning, and Peer Editing.
- Attributes: Inquirers, Knowledgeable, Communicators, Open-Minded, Principled, Caring, Risk-Takers, Balanced, Thinkers, and Reflective.
ENROLLMENT FORM BELOW: